Accountability, transparency and democracy are essential for positive change
Strengthening Human Rights in Ontario
- Make Ontario a leader in human rights protection by:
- urging the federal government to fulfill its obligations under international conventions and treaties by implementing the recommendations of the Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights and other international bodies;
- amending provincial human rights legislation to fully include economic, social, and cultural rights;
- amending the Ontario Human Rights Code to explicitly list gender identity as a prohibited ground of discrimination and harassment and include sexual orientation as a prohibited ground of harassment;
- providing adequate funding for the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal to enhance enforcement of equality rights through the Ontario Human Rights Code.