In vibrant communities, nobody is left behind.
Welcome to Creating Vibrant Communities
We are proud to share Creating Vibrant Communities: RNAO's Challenge to Ontario's Political Parties. Learn about the key policy priorities for all Ontarians in the upcoming provincial election that will take place on October 6, 2011.
Some will tell you we need to choose between social programs and deficit-cutting, or between a clean environment and jobs. Forcing such choices is unacceptable.
Creating Vibrant Communities means:
- Strengthening social determinants, equity & healthy communities
- Building sustainable, green communities
- Enhancing Medicare (publicly funded not-for-profit health care)
- Improving access to health services
- Building a career in Ontario
- Embracing our Democracy, strengthening our public services
We know from the mid-1990s that cutting deficits by putting more pressure on nurses, other public sector workers and necessary public services does not work.
There is a better way. We need:
- A commitment to better health care, cleaner environment, and a brighter future for our children,
- Economic growth – including the green jobs of the future – not cuts to public necessities.
- Leadership and political will to create "vibrant communities."